$4000 RETENTION BONUS and NEW HIGHER STARTING WAGE!!!!
Wald Family Foods is the world’s largest supplier of gluten-free pizzas. Our pizzas are sold in grocery stores all across the United States and Canada. Our Omaha, Nebraska plant is growing and looking for dedicated, hardworking individuals to join our team!
This position is for our C Street location in Omaha, NE.
Wald Family Foods is a growing company in need of maintenance technicians. We are looking for individuals that can work well on their own and with others.
The maintenance technician conducts, maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic and mechanical systems and components. The position applies knowledge of electronic and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment. The maintenance technician provides skilled support to all areas of manufacturing.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 years minimum of mechanical experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Industrial ammonia refrigeration experience is preferred but not required
- Bilingual – English/Spanish is preferred but not required
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel or crouch
- The employee must be able to frequently sit or stand for long periods
- The employee must be able to drive for short periods
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- While performing this job, the employee will regularly be required to hear and speak in a manner that most people understand
- The employee is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle, feel and reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Employee must be free from communicable diseases
The maintenance technician will ensure smooth operation of the systems and machines including, but not limited to:
- Ensure that equipment and building structure are in good condition and approved for use in the food industry
- Improve the needs and methods of the operation in order to produce safe, high-quality products
- Responsible for providing strong technical guidance and leadership to maintenance personnel
- Ensure team member’s technical training, preventative maintenance, repairs and equipment and facility maintenance
- Install, maintain and repair equipment
- Maintain conveyor systems
- Troubleshoot malfunctions
- Maintain treatment systems, as well as other systems, using gauges and other test instruments to diagnose malfunctions and mechanic hand and power tools to disassemble, repair and reassemble system components
- Assemble and test parts as needed using metal fabricating tools, common hand tools and power tools
- Responsible for food safety and maintaining all plant equipment, including pneumatic, electrical, mechanical and hydraulic components
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, manuals, technical orders and schematics to determine repair needs
- Lift and maneuver heavy objects, parts and materials
- Interact and work alongside production employees and contractors
- Keep workspace neat, clean and organized
- Conduct self in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies and other standards of conduct
This position has no supervisory responsibility but should ensure that the department performs the right duties that align with the position’s responsibilities. Otherwise, should inform the maintenance manager/plant manager of the issues that may arise.
This position operates in a professional office environment as well as plant operations. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The plant operates in a cold environment of 50 degrees Fahrenheit or below. The production manager will be in a cold, wet, dry and, at times, foggy environment. Personnel are encouraged to wear warm clothing underneath the Wald Family Foods provided gear.
No travel is expected for this position.
Wald Family Foods is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.