$4,000 SIGNING BONUS!
From cheesy gluten-free pizzas, to meaty enchiladas, to dreamy, delicious vegans soups, Wald Family Foods makes food for every diet and every occasion. Our products are available to food service, schools, military and retail, and our facilities are available for co-packaging and private label production. We love partnering with brands to create delicious products that make customers hungry for more – that’s why we are America’s food manufacturer!
The Quality Assurance Technician conducts quality assurance audits of production assuring company standards are maintained, and product integrity is preserved. Consults with management to resolve quality, production, and efficiency problems. Functions as an information source to associates and various company departments when special and critical quality issues occur.
8-hour shift; Monday to Friday – 1st Shift 6:00am-2:15pm; 2nd Shift 2:00pm-10:15pm; 3rd Shift 10:00pm-6:15am. Some Saturday availability is based on business needs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent are preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience in field, laboratory, or production facility quality control.
- Knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred, but not mandatory.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or couch.
- The employee must frequently be able to sit or stand for long periods.
- The employee must be able to drive for short periods.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to hear and speak in a manner that is understood by most persons.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Employee must be free from communicable diseases.
The Quality Assurance Technician will ensure standards of quality, production, and efficiency are being met but not limited to:
- Confirm that plant audit procedures are properly carried out and assigned work schedules are maintained.
- Determine overall plant product quality by conducting and evaluating various product tests and tests related to ingredients and packaging.
- Resolve major quality problems at production facilities, warehouses, and market areas as required.
- Evaluate and take corrective action when necessary with regard to product date, coding, and trade age management at all levels of product movement.
- Help educate and instruct plant personnel in recommended quality control testing, equipment sanitation and general sanitation and housekeeping practices. Confirm these procedures are being maintained.
- Function as an information source for associates and other departments when critical quality issues arise.
- Assist in development of special department projects and work in conjunction with Quality Assurance Manager.
- Accept responsibility of training and preparing new employees for this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has some supervisory responsibilities and serves as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
The plant operates in a cold environment of 50 degrees Fahrenheit or below. The Production Line Attendants will be in an environment that is cold, wet, dry, and at times foggy. Personnel are encouraged to wear warm clothing underneath the Wald Family Foods provided gear.
Wald Family Foods is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind.
Job Type: Full-time