2nd Shift Warehouse Forklift Operator
The 2nd Shift Warehouse Forklift Operator will be responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication, and counter, or may have a generalized role working in all departments.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- 0-2 years experience in the area of responsibility
- Forklift Certified is preferred
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must frequently be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- The employee must be able to drive for short periods of time.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to hear and speak in a manner that is understood by most persons.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be free from communicable diseases.
The 2nd Shift Warehouse Forklift Operator will ensure the smooth operation of plant machinery and organization in the warehouse, but not limited to:
- Completing tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, and transporting of goods
- Loading and unloading materials to and from the designated storage areas, such as racks, selves, or vehicles
- Stacking or piling materials, such as lumber, boards, or pallets
- Installing protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported
- Verifying computations against the physical count of stock
- Maintaining the condition of the work area (i.e. free of trash, products in the correct location, etc.)
- Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same
- May drive the truck to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials to designated locations or operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks
- Keeping the work area neat and clean
- Conducting yourself in a manner consistent with the company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The plant operates in a cold environment of 50 degrees Fahrenheit or below. The Production Line Attendants will be in an environment that is cold, wet, dry, and at times foggy. Personnel is encouraged to wear warm clothing underneath the Wald Family Foods provided gear.
Wald Family Foods is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer that Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind.