Wald Family Foods is the world’s largest supplier of gluten-free pizzas. Our pizzas are sold in grocery stores all across the United States and Canada. Out McPherson, Kansas plant is growing and looking for dedicated, hardworking individuals to join our team!
As a critical member of the location’s leadership team, the Bakery Manager has overall responsibility for bakery facility operations, fiscal requirements, and lean/continuous improvement activities. This is a fast-paced, challenging, hands-on position responsible for driving quality and operational improvements to achieve strategic location and company goals.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five years of experience in operations management with a record of achieving results through people in a manufacturing environment required
- A strong background in managing the financial performance of daily operations, developing and executing long-range plans, and leveraging lean and continuous improvement methodologies to drive improvement in critical metrics is required
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices is required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred but not required
The Bakery Manager must improve manufacturing operations by fostering a culture of continuous improvement, driving profit improvements, safety, productivity, first-time quality, and on-time production. The Bakery Manager also manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management, hiring, and training of all the employees within the bakery.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drive accountability to a safety-first culture
- Ensure procedures are followed to control expenditures and waste to enhance the facility’s profitable operation
- Supervise a diverse workforce to ensure their training and development are sufficient to enhance productivity while supporting the ongoing development and employee engagement
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement, improving processes, reducing costs, and increasing quality
- Meet daily production goals with continued improvement throughout
- Incorporate the core values of Wald Family Foods into day-to-day activities and behaviors
- Guide and motivate others to remain committed to the core values of Wald Family Foods
- Performance bonus incentive
- Vacation and sick pay
- Health insurance
- Career growth opportunities
Wald Family Foods is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer that prohibits discrimination of any kind.