The Buyer will be responsible for the day-to-day management of inventory needed to produce the products manufactured at all three Wald Family Foods locations.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Three years of procurement experience required
- Three years of food industry experience required
- Excel experience required
The Buyer will be responsible for managing and maintaining ingredients, packaging, and other items necessary for the production of goods at all Wald Family Foods locations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Consistently manage and maintain inventory
- Manage procurement orders
- Identify, develop, and maintain relationships with new and current suppliers
- Negotiate vendor pricing and contracts
- Manage suppliers for service and quality
- Support product and business improvements
- Identify and develop cost reduction initiatives
- Continually look for process improvement
- Work closely with Sales, Quality Assurance, Shipping/Receiving, Finance, etc.
- Support Management in making well-informed decisions
Some travel may be expected for this position.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Employee discount
Wald Family Foods is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer that prohibits discrimination of any kind.