The Director of Procurement will oversee the company’s supply of raw ingredients and packaging materials. Responsibilities include purchasing, strategizing to find cost-effective approaches, negotiating contracts, arranging freight, and maintaining inventory control in multiple plant locations.
The Director of Procurement will ensure the smooth operation of the products and people including, but not limited to:
- Leading and directing all purchasing operations for the company with positive energy and high integrity.
- Promoting and instilling a culture of personal learning and professional development.
- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
- Researching, sourcing, and engaging with potential suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiating contracts, terms, pricing, and deadlines with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Approving purchase orders and confirming delivery of goods.
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs. This includes tracking and reporting key metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Collaborating with key personnel in the company to provide an efficient flow of supplies that supports optimum production.
- Conducting employee reviews within the buying department.
- Monitoring inventory levels to ensure that guidelines are met.
- Conducting self in a manner consistent with company mission, vision, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Limited travel will be expected for this position.
Wald Family Foods is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind.