Wald Family Foods is seeking a weekend maintenance technician to join our growing team!
The maintenance technician conducts, maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic mechanical systems and components. The position applies knowledge of electronic and mechanical principles to determine equipment malfunctions and apply skills in restoring equipment to operation. The maintenance technician provides skilled support to all areas of manufacturing.
This is a full-time position working Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Hours will be determined via the candidate and maintenance technician.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree for an electro-mechanical technician
- 3 years minimum of electro-mechanical experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Industrial ammonia refrigeration experience is preferred, but not required
- Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred, but not mandatory
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel or crouch
- The employee must frequently be able to sit or stand for long periods
- The employee must be able to drive for short periods
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to hear and speak in a manner that is understood by most persons
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Employee must be free from communicable diseases
The maintenance technician will ensure smooth operation of the systems and machines including, but not limited to:
- Ensure that equipment and building structure are in appropriate conditions and approved for use in the food industry
- Assist with needs and methods of the operation in order to produce safe and high-quality products
- Provide strong technical guidance and leadership to maintenance personnel
- Ensure the employees get technical training, and take care of preventive maintenance, repairs and equipment and facility maintenance
- Install, maintain and repair equipment
- Maintain conveyor systems
- Troubleshoot malfunctions
- Maintain treatment systems as well as other systems using gauges and other test instruments to diagnose malfunctions, and use power tools to disassemble, repair and reassemble system components
- Fabricate, assemble and test parts as needed using metal fabricating tools, common hand tools and power tools
- Responsible for food safety, maintaining the integrity of SQF system and adhering to the gluten-free and organic programs
- Perform preventative and routine maintenance on all plant equipment including pneumatic, electrical, mechanical and hydraulic components
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, manuals, technical orders and schematics to determine repair needs
- Lift and maneuver heavy objects, parts and materials
- Interact and work alongside production employees and contractors
- Keeps work neat, clean and organized
- Conduct self in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct
This position operates in a professional office environment as well as plant operations. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The plant operates in a cold environment of 50 degrees Fahrenheit or below. The maintenance technician will be in an environment that is cold, wet, dry and at times foggy. Personnel are encouraged to wear warm clothing underneath the Wald Family Foods provided gear.
Work Location: one location
Work Remotely: no