$4000 RETENTION BONUS!!
Wald Family Foods is a growing company looking for Maintenance Technicians. We are looking for individuals that can work alone as well as along side others.
The Maintenance Technician conducts, maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, systems and components. The position applies knowledge of electronic and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. The Maintenance Technician provides skilled support to all areas of manufacturing.
8-hour shift; Monday to Friday – 3rd Shift 10:00pm-6:15am. Some Saturday availability is based on business needs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. 3 years minimum of mechanical experience.
2. Strong troubleshooting skills.
3. Industrial ammonia refrigeration experience preferred, but not required.
4. Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred, but not mandatory.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
1. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or couch.
2. The employee must frequently be able to sit or stand for long periods.
3. The employee must be able to drive for short periods.
4. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
5. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to hear and speak in a manner that is understood by most persons.
6. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
7. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
8. Employee must be free from communicable diseases.
The Maintenance Technician will ensure smooth operation of the systems and machines including, but not limited to:
1. Ensures that equipment and building structure are in appropriate conditions and approved for use in food industry.
2. Assisting to improve the needs and methods of the operation in order to produce safe and high-quality products.
3. Responsible for providing strong technical guidance and leadership to maintenance personnel.
4. Ensures employee’s technical training, preventive maintenance, repairs, and equipment and facility maintenance.
5. Installs, maintains, and repairs equipment.
6. Maintaining conveyor systems.
7. Troubleshooting malfunctions.
8. Maintains treatment systems, as well as other systems, using gauges and other test instruments to diagnose malfunctions and mechanic hand and power tools to disassemble, repair, and reassemble system components.
9. Fabricates, assembles, and tests parts as needed using metal fabricating tools, common hand tools, and power tools.
10. Responsible for Food Safety, maintaining the integrity of SQF system and adhering to the gluten free and organic programs.
11. Performing preventative and routine maintenance on all plant equipment including pneumatic, electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic components.
12. Reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, manuals, technical orders and schematics to determine repair needs.
13. Lifting and maneuvering heavy objects, parts and materials.
14. Interacting and working alongside production employees and contractors.
15. Keeps work are neat, clean, and organized.
16. Conducts self in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
This position has no supervisory responsibility but should ensure that the department is performing the right duties that align with the position’s responsibilities. Otherwise, should inform the Maintenance Manager/Plant Manager of the issues that may arise.
This position operates in a professional office environment as well as plant operations. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. The plant operates in a cold environment of 50 degrees Fahrenheit or below. The Production Manager will be in an environment that is cold, wet, dry, and at times foggy. Personnel are encouraged to wear warm clothing underneath the Wald Family Foods provided gear.
TRAVEL: No travel is expected for this position.
Wald Family Foods is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind.
Job Type: Full-time