Wald Family Foods is the world’s largest supplier of gluten-free pizzas. Our pizzas are sold in grocery stores all across the United States and Canada. Our Omaha, Nebraska plant is growing and looking for dedicated, hardworking individuals to join our team!
We are currently seeking a plant manager to join our passionate and growing Omaha, NE team!
The plant manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of operations within our Wald Family Foods F Street location.
The plant manager will ensure smooth operation of the products and people including, but not limited to:
- Determining and implementing improvements to the production process.
- Monitoring and reducing waste of raw materials and finished goods.
- Responsible for maintaining a smooth flow of work within the company to stay on schedule with production and established goals.
- Ensuring all activities of direct and indirect operations are performed with attention to the highest standards of food safety and quality, safe processes, compliance with all company procedures and policies and with a focus on continuous process improvement.
- Ensuring conformance to production schedules while maintaining a cost-effective and productive environment.
- Executing strategies and conceptualizing and implementing key business initiatives that drive food safety, product quality and cost-efficiency.
- Reviewing and analyzing KPI’s and implementing corrective actions to address any issues that may arise.
- Coordinating with the Human Resource Department and temporary staffing services regarding personnel issues, hiring, evaluating, training, disciplinary actions and increasing or decreasing needs based on production schedules and seasons.
- Working to maintain a positive employee relations environment to promote teamwork and productivity.
- Observing all safety rules and regulations for self and others to support and promote an accident-free workplace and ensure complete compliance with all applicable safety regulations, including, but not limited to OSHA, USDA and FDA.
- Ability to comprehend and execute written GMP’s and HAACP programs.
- Responsible for Food Safety, maintaining the integrity of SQF system and adhering to the gluten-free and organic programs.
- Supervising, training and developing subordinates.
- Conducting self in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies and other standards of conduct.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Two years of production management experience
- Knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance.
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred, but not mandatory.
Wald Family Foods is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.