From cheesy gluten-free pizzas, to meaty enchiladas to, dreamy, delicious vegans soups, Wald Family Foods makes food for every diet and every occasion. Our products are available to food service, schools, military and retail, and our facilities are available for co-packaging and private label production. We love partnering with brands to create delicious products that make customers hungry for more – that’s why we are America’s food manufacturer!
The Sanitation Associate will plan, direct and control cleaning activities to meet Wald Family Foods’ GMP standards and to perform the essential functions while staying in compliance with company policies and procedures.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1 year of sanitation experience
- High school diploma or equivalent are preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl under equipment.
- The employee must be able to bend at the waist a significant amount of time.
- The employee must frequently be able to sit or stand for long periods.
- The employee must be able to drive for short periods.
- The employee must be able to frequently carry up to 25 pounds and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to hear and speak in a manner that is understood by most persons.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to squeeze the trigger on a water sprayer frequently and for prolonged periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Employee must be free from communicable diseases.
The Sanitation Associate will be responsible for all activities involved in maintaining the cleanliness of the facility including, but not limited to:
- Understand facility cleaning and safety procedures.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures in accordance with company, local, state and federal OSHA rules and regulations.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) for a food plant and all applicable regulatory, customer and company requirements (policies, procedures, regulations).
- Communicate well with others verbally.
- Use a computer for data input as needed.
- Operate steam and high-pressure hoses.
- Understand and carry out directions and procedures related to cleaning and sanitation.
- Work in a team environment.
- Work in hot, cold, wet, dry, and noisy environments.
- Safely clean and sanitize equipment, tools and facility to ensure all soil and contaminates are removed per procedures.
- Disassembling and reassembling equipment as directed.
- Performing environmental and pre-operational inspections through both visual inspection and indicator swabbing, followed by documentation of findings per facility program and procedures.
- Using and documenting chemical use to stated concentrations and for appropriate applications.
- Verifying and documenting that correct chemicals and concentrations are used and that cleaning and sanitizing are complete to deliver equipment and infrastructure that is clean and passes all micro indicator tests.
- Assisting with department functions including safety auditing, employee training and pest control functions.
- Conducting yourself in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies and other standards of conduct.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The plant operates in a cold environment of 50 degrees Fahrenheit or below. The Sanitation Associate will be in an environment that is cold, wet, dry and, at times, foggy. Personnel are encouraged to wear warm clothing underneath the Wald Family Foods provided gear. Provided gear includes rain gear, rain boots, goggles, chemical gloves and protective sleeves.
TRAVEL: No travel is expected for this position.
Wald Family Foods is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind.