Wald Family Foods is the world’s largest supplier of gluten-free pizzas. Our pizzas are sold in grocery stores all across the United States and Canada. Our Omaha, Nebraska plant is growing and looking for dedicated, hardworking individuals to join our team!
This position is for our C Street location in Omaha, NE.
The warehouse manager will be responsible for supervising the distribution of products to ensure maximum efficiency, quality and customer service at the least possible cost.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Two years of warehouse management experience
- Knowledge and experience in production, manufacturing processes and techniques
- Knowledge of health, safety standards and compliance
- Knowledge of health of human resource principles and practices
- Bilingual – English/Spanish is preferred, but not mandatory
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel or crouch
- The employee must be able to frequently sit or stand for long periods
- The employee must be able to drive for short periods
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to hear and speak in a manner that is understood by most people
- The employee is required to frequently stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Employee must be free from communicable diseases
The warehouse manager will ensure smooth operation of the warehouse including, but not limited to the following tasks.
- Maintain the facility by ensuring that the building grounds, warehouse, warehouse equipment, cooler and freezer are clean, safe and in working order
- Coordinate the warehouse activities and oversee warehouse personnel
- Ensure raw material, packaging and finished products are all stored in their appropriate places according to the Allergen Control and Organic Program
- Maintain FIFO, manage inventory procurement (as necessary) and inventory control, coordinate shipping and ensure the orders are completed on time
- Ensure that all goods received are checked against a purchase order or received accurately and in good condition
- Responsible for food safety, maintaining the integrity of the SQF system and adhering to the gluten-free and organic programs
- General knowledge of purchasing, quality assurance, manufacturing, inventory record accuracy, cycle counting procedures, inventory control procedures, food safety requirements, warehousing and distribution
- Good math and communication skills
- Good working maintenance knowledge of forklifts, pallet jacks and other equipment to detect maintenance programs
- Good working maintenance knowledge of forklifts, pallet jacks and other equipment to detect maintenance problems
- Good working knowledge of truck loading operations and yard operations
- Enforce safety guidelines and rules, GMPS, HACCP checks, food safety requirements and all company policies
- Coordinate truck loading/unloading and ensure it is done in a timely manner
- Ensure that all materials are stored in accordance with temperature requirements
- Maintain accurate stock rotation: first in, first out
- Cognizant of bill of materials and coordinate any necessary adjustments as it relates to inventory or usage
- Request or perform maintenance on facilities and equipment
- Ensure cycle counting and month-end inventory is conducted for inventory records accuracy
- Track weight of all product loads and monitor long and short counts on product in and out of distribution
- Keep work area neat, clean and organized
- Conduct self in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies and other standards of conduct
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and assistance in hiring the employees within that department.
The plant operates in a cold environment of 50 degrees Fahrenheit or below. The warehouse associates will be in an environment that is cold, wet, dry and, at times, foggy. Personnel are encouraged to wear warm clothing underneath the Wald Family Foods provided gear.
Minimal travel may be expected for this position
Wald Family Foods is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.